suffolkauxiliarypolice.com Forum Index suffolkauxiliarypolice.com
The Official Suffolk County Auxiliary Police Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
LIVE Chat [NEW]    Photo AlbumPhoto Album [NEW]   

10-31-10(Halloween-PD 10, DOA on LIE Service Rd & 10-10)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    suffolkauxiliarypolice.com Forum Index -> Patrol Stories, Details and Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tboyce118
Sgt
Sgt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: 10-31-10(Halloween-PD 10, DOA on LIE Service Rd & 10-10) Reply with quote

Story by Ron Snyder

I guess most of you thought that the kiddies would not be out on a Sunday night. Well, you were right. As to trick or treaters or trick and tricksters, it was dead. It was so dead in fact that Tim and I (841 and 843) had called each other on the cell about 2000 or 2030 and decided to pull the plug at 2100. It was not five minutes after we hung up with each other the poop hit the fan.

406 was going to assist 417 with a shoplifter in Walmart, Islandia. A car pulled out of a parking lot or side street directly in the path of 406, who could not stop in time. Well, the driver of the other vehicle had PI and 406 operator minor PI. Crime Scene had to be called, and we handled Bydenburgh and Vets Hwy.

Maybe moments after we left that 10, about 2100 or so, 10/10 pedestrian fatal on Express Drive N, just west of Motor Parkway. Tim had McArthur Blvd and Express Drive North (where the body was) I met with 438 and took Express Dr N and Motor, blocking all westbound traffic. Again, Crime Scene, detectives, and coroner who was not notified and came by accident at about 2300. HOWEVER, 438 came back to speak to me at about 2200, and as we were talking 10/10 PI at Motor and Express Dr. South. I could hear it, I saw it, but I could not leave my post, but 438 went across the LIE to check on that one.

So, now anyone going on ExpressDr N could not go west, they could not turn south as FD had that all blocked off.

That 10 was actually cleared in about 40 minutes, while we were at the fatal for about 3 hours.

So much for a dull Halloween.

News 12 link to story
http://www.news12.com/archive/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=265313&position=1&news_type=news

NEWSDAY link
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/hauppauge-man-fatally-struck-while-crossing-lie-service-road-1.2416896

Sgt Timothy Boyce
Suffolk Auxiliary Police
Patrol Officer, Unit 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    suffolkauxiliarypolice.com Forum Index -> Patrol Stories, Details and Information All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: